- Received December 19, 2016.
- Revision received February 14, 2017.
- Accepted February 17, 2017.
- Published online April 3, 2017.
- Marta Pratelli1,
- Sara Migliarini1,
- Barbara Pelosi1,
- Francesco Napolitano2,3,
- Alessandro Usiello2,4 and
- Massimo Pasqualetti1,5,6
- 1Department of Biology Unit of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pisa, Pisa 56127, Italy
- 2Ceinge Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples 80145, Italy
- 3Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, University of Naples Federico II, 80131 Naples, Italy
- 4Department of Environmental, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technologies, University of Campania, Luigi Vanvitelli, Italy
- 5Center for Neuroscience and Cognitive Systems, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Rovereto, TN 38068, Italy
- 6Neuroscience Institute, National Research Council (CNR), Pisa 56124, Italy
- Correspondence should be addressed to Massimo Pasqualetti, University of Pisa, Department of Biology, Unit of Cell and Developmental Biology, Strada statale 12 Abetone e Brennero, Pisa 56127, Italy. E-mail:
Author contributions: M.Pr., S.M., B.P., and M.Pa. designed research; M.Pr., S.M., B.P., F.N., A.U., and M.Pa. performed research; M.Pr., S.M., F.N., A.U., and M.Pa. analyzed data; M.Pr., B.P., and M.Pa. wrote the paper.
The authors declare no competing financial interests.
This work was supported by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) (Prin 2008, 200894SYW2), Toscana Life Sciences Foundation (Orphan_0108 program), and Norwegian Research Council (to M.Pa.). B.P. and M.Pr. were supported by the PhD Program from University of Pisa. S.M. was supported by the Regional Program and European Social Fund.
Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR)prin 2008; 200894SYW2
Toscana Life Science FoundationOrphan_0108 Program
Norvegian Research Council
PhD program Pisa University
Regional Program and European Social Fund