- Received December 20, 2016.
- Revision received February 9, 2017.
- Accepted February 13, 2017.
- Published online February 17, 2017.
- D. Sinclair1,
- R. Featherstone1,
- M. Naschek1,
- J. Nam1,
- A. Du1,
- S. Wright1,
- K. Pance1,
- O. Melnychenko1,
- R. Weger1,
- S. Akuzawa2,
- M. Matsumoto2 and
- S. J. Siegel1
- 1Translational Neuroscience Program Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
- 2Neuroscience Research Unit, DDR, Astellas Pharma Inc., Tsukuba-Shi, Ibaraki 305-8585, Japan
- Correspondence should be addressed to either of the following: Steven J Siegel, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar St, Ste 2200, Los Angeles, CA 90033. E-mail: ; or Duncan Sinclair, Wicking Centre, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 143, Hobart, TAS 7001, Australia. E-mail: .
Author contributions: D.S., R.F., S.A., M.M., and S.J.S. designed research; D.S., R.F., M.N., J.N., A.D., S.W., K.P., O.M., and R.W. performed research; D.S., R.F., M.N., J.N., A.D., S.W., K.P., O.M., R.W., and S.J.S. analyzed data; D.S., R.F., and S.J.S. wrote the paper.
SJS is a consultant to, and receives grant support from, Astellas Pharma Inc., Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, and Boehringer Ingleheim. SA and MM are full-time employees of Astellas Pharma Inc. All other authors declare no competing financial interests.
Department of Health | National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) [APP1072878]; Astellas Pharma (Astellas).
Department of Health | National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)501100000925; APP1072878
Astellas Pharma (Astellas)501100004948