- Received August 17, 2016.
- Revision received September 21, 2016.
- Accepted September 24, 2016.
- Published online October 5, 2016.
- Aya Murai1,2,
- Ryo Iwata1,
- Satoshi Fujimoto1,
- Shuhei Aihara1,
- Akio Tsuboi3,
- Yuko Muroyama4,
- Tetsuichiro Saito4,
- Kazunori Nishizaki2 and
- Takeshi Imai1,5
- 1Laboratory for Sensory Circuit Formation, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Chuo-ku 650-0047, Japan
- 2Department of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700-8558, Japan
- 3Laboratory for Molecular Biology of Neural System, Advanced Medical Research Center, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Kashihara 634-8521, Nara, Japan
- 4Department of Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260-8670, Japan
- 5Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
- Correspondence should be addressed to Dr. Takeshi Imai, Laboratory for Sensory Circuit Formation, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Chuo-ku 650-0047, Japan. E-mail: .
Author contributions: K.N. and T.I. designed research; A.M. and R.I. performed research; A.T., Y.M., and T.S. contributed unpublished reagents/analytic tools; S.F. and S.A. analyzed data; A.M., K.N., and T.I. wrote the paper.
The authors declare no competing financial interests.
This work was supported by the intramural grant of RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, the Japan Science and Technology Agency Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology program, and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI) Grants 23680038, 15H05572, 15K14336, 16K14568, and 16H06456 to T.I. The imaging experiments were supported by the RIKEN Kobe Light Microscopy Facility. Animal experiments were supported by the Laboratory for Animal Resources and Genetic Engineering at RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies. A.M. was a RIKEN Junior Research Associate.
JSPS KAKENHI23680038; 15H05572; 15K14336; 16K14568; 16H06456