- Received April 13, 2016.
- Revision received July 4, 2016.
- Accepted July 21, 2016.
- Published online July 25, 2016.
- Davide Raccuglia1,
- Li Yan McCurdy1,2,
- Mahmut Demir3,
- Srinivas Gorur-Shandilya2,
- Michael Kunst1,
- Thierry Emonet3,4 and
- Michael N. Nitabach1,5,6
- 1Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
- 2Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
- 3Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
- 4Department of Physics, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
- 5Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
- 6Program in Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
- Correspondence should be addressed to Davide Raccuglia, present address: Institute of Neurophysiology, Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany. E-mail: .
Author contributions: D.R., L.Y.M., M.D., S.G.-S., M.K., T.E., and M.N.N. designed research; D.R., L.Y.M., and M.D. performed research; S.G.-S., M.K., and T.E. contributed unpublished reagents/analytic tools; D.R., L.Y.M., M.D., and S.G.-S. analyzed data; D.R. and M.N.N. wrote the paper.
The authors declare no competing financial interests.
Work in the laboratory of M.N.N. was supported in part by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, the National Institutes of Health (NIH; Grants R01-NS-055035, R01-NS-056443, and R01-NS-091070); the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), NIH (Grant R01GM098931); and the Kavli Institute for Neuroscience. L.Y.M. was supported by a Gruber Science Fellowship and NIGMS, NIH (Grant T32GM007223).